“The quality of our breath expresses our inner feelings.”
Vedic Chanting Workshops
Individual classes by request
In Richmond, 10-12pm , £10 pp per session or any contribution you wish make (to charity)
2nd September 23
30th September 23
4th November 23
2 December 23
3 February 24
2 March 24
6 April 24
4 May 24
1 June 24
29 June 24
27 July 24
The Veda-s are a collection of texts in the form of chants that were believed to be heard by ancient Indian sages when they were in a deep meditative state. In India the Veda-s have been the primary source of reference for living for thousands of years as they contain wisdom on a vast range of topics from everyday life, the human system, relationships, to nature, science, religion and the cosmos. Vedic chanting is becoming increasingly popular for its many benefits:
- Vedic chanting links body, voice, mind and emotions in a profound way.
- Vedic chanting produces certain vibrations that can enhance physical and mental health.
- The close attention needed to listen and reproduce accurately what the teacher is doing means Vedic chanting is very useful in improving concentration and memory.
- The vast range of Vedic chants allows us to use them in many different contexts and different ways and therefore is a particularly helpful and flexible tool in yoga, healing and therapy.
- Vedic chanting can also help to calm the mind, whether by practicing, listening or silent mental repetition. For this reason chanting can be an important form of meditation.
- Vedic chants help in relieving stress and promoting clarity.