Mentoring & Supervision
It is a fundamental tenet of good professional practice that teachers and therapists have their own mentor and practice supervisor. A mentor and mentee will discuss together what the expectations are from the sessions and led by the mentee. This will include regularity of sessions, how they are delivered (in person / zoom / phone), and what is to be covered. The mentee is the primary focus of the mentor.
What I offer
There are many things that the mentor and mentee might work on including:
- discussion of issues affecting the individual
- development of a personal practice
- study of texts
- oversight of the Therapist’s or Teacher’s cases
- Vedic chanting and chanting of the Yoga Sūtra of Patañjali
Teacher Training and Yoga Therapy Students
It is a requirement of all TSYP Teacher Training and Yoga Therapy courses that the student has a mentor and meets with them for a minimum number of sessions during the course.
- support in their journey through the course
- developing a personal practice
- further explanation of concepts discussed on course days
- help with practice planning and teaching assessments
- discussion of individual practices for case studies.