About Bea Teuten
“Yoga is not an escape from life but an approach to living.”
- British Wheel of Yoga (BWY) Teaching Diploma BWY 002474 2015
- The Society of Yoga Practitioners 1000 Hour Yoga Therapy course 2015
- Vedic Chant Teacher Trainer in Training – 2016- 2019
- Yoga for Teens Yoga Alliance 2013
- BWY Foundation Course 2012
- CEDR accredited mediator 2007
- Sri Dayananda Ashram Rishikesh 2 week intensive on Yoga Sutra Chapters III and IV 2018
- Sri Dayananda Ashram Rishikesh 2 week intensive Yoga Valli 2016
- Meditation for Yoga Therapy Chandrasekaran 2016
- The Bhagavad Gita KYM Chennai India 2 week intensive 2015
- Pranayama for Yoga Therapy Chandrasekaran 2015
- The Hatha Yoga Pradipika Colin Dunsmuir 2014
- Asana for Yoga Therapy Chandrasekaran 2014
- Mudra and Bandha SKY Chennai India 2 week intensive 2013
- Yoga for Healing The Krishnamacarya Healing and Yoga Foundation 2012
- CNHC Registration 000045-H15
- NSPCC Child Protection in Sport 2017
- SCIE Protecting Vulnerable Adults 2017
- ICO registration ZA165294
- DBS Enhanced Certificate 2016
- First Aid At Work Certificate 2018
I have been studying yoga for many years starting when I was a small child. I teach yoga because of what it has brought me and the positive changes it has helped me make to my life. I worked in medical ethics, law and mediation for many years and also have a family. Against this backdrop it was yoga that gave me a perspective and clarity that helped me manage the demands of modern life.
I am a qualified yoga teacher and therapist (1000 hour BWY Diploma) a TeenYoga teacher and a Vedic Chant Teacher. I teach in many settings, with individuals and groups and with students at all stages of their life , and from the physically very active to those less able. I have taught at various yoga studios and health clubs, as well as at The Mulberry Centre for those affected by cancer and also work with NHS staff to use yoga in building resilience for those working on the front line.
My training, in the tradition of Professor Sri Krishnamacharya and his son TKV Desikachar, leads me to remain focused on the individual, recognising that each and everyone is wonderful and unique. Learning is never finished and I have studied with Colin Dunsmuir, Gill Lloyd, Radha Sundararajan and at The Krishnamacarya Yoga Mandiram in Chennai India.
Yoga makes a difference: students say they feel better both physically and mentally, they gain perspective about themselves and their environment and have the tools to address the challenges in their lives.
If you have any questions, please just get in touch.